Employment: 12 Month Contract
# of Openings: 1
Veracity Asset Management Group is a leading provider of Surplus Asset Management & Investment Recovery Solutions. We specialize in consulting services, asset marketing and sourcing for medium to large enterprises.
As a paid intern with Veracity Asset Management Group, you will be part of an entrepreneurial setting and will directly contribute to the growth of the company. Veracity’s Marketing Intern will help to further develop marketing strategies and enhance the current sales process through participating in and contributing to planning meetings, as well as provide administrative support.
The Marketing Intern will work as part of the Veracity team in marketing Surplus Asset Management services. They will play an integral role in working with staff to design, create and deliver marketing programs to support the growth of Veracity’s services. The role requires creating sales presentations, marketing brochures, newsletters as well as assisting in developing web content. The role will also help implement the marketing plan, contacting potential customers, assisting in trade show preparations and
conducting market research to provide feedback on the overall marketing plan.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe as well as experience with social media websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter
- Demonstrated track-record of high achievement, leadership and self-motivation in any discipline (including non-work related activities)
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments and work well in a fast paced environment
- Disciplined, highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Bilingual in both official languages is an asset
- Development and prospecting of new clients through phone/email contact
- Utilize Salesforce.com and other administrative tools to document, track and refine sales efforts
- Development of new marketing approaches
- Conduct market research and evaluate marketing plans for new customers
- Manage social media, website, and email communications
- Execute social media strategy
- Research show dates and locations, complete show registration and prepare marketing materials
- Create and post electronic articles for website and social media (ie. LinkedIn)
- Assist with writing, layout, editing and proofing printed materials including brochures and other company communications
- Assist with developing press releases and place stories about Veracity services, programs and special events
This position will likely be funded by the Northern Ontario Youth Internship Program. All
candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Unemployed or underemployed (persons under the age of 30)
- Have graduated within the last three (3 years) with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have not previously participated as a youth intern in FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six (6) months or more
This is a 12 month position with a flexible start date.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Friday November 29th, 2013 to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.