Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!
It is hard to believe that 2015 is around the corner, buried in the snow or under the ice (or sand if you live in the South). Conferences and trade shows are great opportunities to meet face-to-face with your clients and partners. We selected the most pertinent events to the electric utility industry taking place next year.
NET 2015 – Touchstone Energy Annual New and Emerging Technologies – January 26-29, 2015, Tucson, Arizona
Smart Energy Summit – February 16-18, 2015, Austin, Texas
NRECA Annual Meeting & TechAdvantage Expo – February 19-27, 2015, Orlando, Florida
Power Grid Resilience 2015 – March 23-25, 2015, Washington D.C.
IEEE-PES 2016 T&D Conference & Exposition – May 2-5, 2016 – Dallas, TX
National Town Meeting – Demand Response + Smart Grid – May 26-28, 2015, Washington, DC
Southeastern Electric Exchange Annual Conference & Trade Show – June 24-26, 2015 – Hershey, PA
Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference – October 6-8, 2015, Providence, RI
Utility Supply Chain Management – January 19-21, 2015, Lake Buena Vista, FL
NET 2015 – Touchstone Energy Annual New and Emerging Technologies
January 26-29, 2015, Tucson, Arizona
NET 2015 is Touchstone Energy’s premiere B2B conference connecting national energy managers and key account personnel from around the nation. Hear and see what new technologies and topics are shaping our industry from national speakers and experts. View new products and services from our valued sponsors and exhibitors and network with beautiful Tucson as your backdrop.
Contact: Kathryn Momot, Program Manager, Kathryn.Momot@nreca.coop, (703) 907-5707
Smart Energy Summit
February 16-18, 2015, Austin, Texas
Engaging the consumer
- Electric utility: business model transition – avoiding the death spiral
Perspectives on Smart Products and Services
- Role of energy management in smart home systems and home control platforms
- Modeling energy solutions and integrating them into smart devices
- Big data and analytics: extracting extra value from smart meters and energy services
- Partnerships and new business model opportunities for smart home product and service providers
- Leveraging multiple smart products to enhance DR programs
- The impact of smart devices in retail energy markets
- Energy audits: expanding energy efficiency programs to whole-home solutions
- Strategies to speed up the pilot process & keep pace with market innovation
- Standards and interoperability: solutions that bring together the home’s products and services
- Balancing privacy concerns and market regulations with opportunities created by big data
- The role of telecom and cable service providers as energy providers/managers
Agenda #SES2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
NRECA Annual Meeting & TechAdvantage Expo
February 19-27, 2015, Orlando, Florida
TechAdvantage is the technology event for electric co-op professionals. The event is at the forefront of innovation, delivering critical technologies that are transforming the world of engineering, information technology, energy services, operations, supply management and business. Join us for four days of leading-edge strategies and best practices that will benefit Co-op Nation well into the 21st century.
Who comes to TechAdvantage?
- Engineers eager to leverage new applications and existing technologies to do their jobs well and do their jobs right
- Sharp operations professionals wanting to keep pace with new technologies who are ready to execute results and fire on all cylinders
- IT professionals targeting new skills and analyzing practical information to manage infrastructure, security and strategy
- Frontline supply managers attentive to new ideas and innovative products that they can maneuver and apply at their co-ops
- National co-op leaders wanting to hear from technology experts about what they see coming to determine how their co-ops will meet new challenges
- Smart co-op insiders, hungry for what comes next and re-energized by new ideas that will elevate their efforts to new levels
Eric Commodore, NRECA
Telephone: 703.907.5577, Fax: 703.907.5521, email@example.com
Mary Novack, Kenworthy Management, Inc., NRECA Show Management
Telephone: 718.578.4658, Fax: firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Grid Resilience 2015
March 23-25, 2015, Washington D.C.
- A More Solidified Regulatory Environment
- Grid Modernization: Costs vs Benefits
- Roundtable Discussions on Comprehensive Security Planning
- Advanced Technologies to Reduce Major Storm Impacts
- Balancing the Risks: Understanding, Preparing for, Enduring and Recovering from Extreme Events
- New Frontiers in Tech Innovations
- Peer-to-Peer Networking
www.powergridresilience.com – email@example.com – 1 800 882 8684
Emergency Response and Mutual Aid are two of the key elements Veracity Connect, the collaborative platform designed for utilities, focuses on.
Veracity Connect allows members to work together to strengthen mutual aid and to be better prepared for infrastructure failure and extreme weather events. The features of Veracity Connect include:
- Mutual Aid Alerts and Messaging
- Real time information on availability of spares inventories, fleet, line crews and materials across North America
- Centralized emergency management
- Collaborative platform to store, share and manage mutual aid agreements
- Access to Mutual Aid Partners from other State and Provincial Associations
- Provide members with aggregated data on Primary Voltages to enhance spares pooling and joint purchasing.
- Access to third party suppliers of back up equipment and mobile units
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866 694 1252!
Southeastern Electric Exchange Annual Conference & Trade Show
June 24-26, 2015 – Hershey, PA
The Southeastern Electric Exchange is a non-profit trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies.
What makes the SEE Annual Conference and Trade Show a popular choice…
—for Utility Members?
- Breakout sessions provide in-depth presentations by industry experts on the latest issues and applications.
- General Sessions highlight different perspectives on global issues that affect our business.
- Roundtable sessions provide feedback and solutions to current technical challenges.
- Breaks and banquet functions present invaluable opportunities for networking with colleagues in an informal setting and “putting a face with a name.”
- Trade show booths provide access to the latest in equipment and technology.
…for Manufacturers, Contractors, Consultants, Specialists and Professionals?
- This three-day event affords many opportunities to meet and network with your customers in both formal business settings and informal business social environments.
- During this event SEE offers further opportunity to increase your company’s customer base, brand awareness and visibility through
-Trade Show exhibit booths
-Corporate Sponsorship (more info)
S.E.E. Conference Coordinator: Amy Bekele, phone: 404/233-1188
S.E.E. Trade Show Coordinator: Kendra Cutno, phone: 404/233-1188
IEEE-PES 2016 T&D Conference & Exposition
May 2-5, 2016 – Dallas, TX
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Power & Energy Society
This event will showcase the technologies, products, companies and minds that will lead our industry through the next fifty years.
Contact: Thomas Mayne Email: email@example.com
National Town Meeting – Demand Response + Smart Grid
May 26-28, 2015, Washington, DC
Organized by the Association for Demand Response & Smart Grid (ADS), The National Town Meeting on Demand Response and Smart Grid® is the premier event in the US focused on the business and policy aspects of demand response and its enabling technologies and applications. It is unique in that it devotes an entire day to roundtable discussions featuring experts in demand response and smart grid, who discuss with each other and with the audience the latest trends, issues, and business developments. The National Town Meeting also features panel discussions, case studies, and presentations of best practices. Another hallmark is attendee engagement, whether through Q&A sessions with top business leaders and policymakers, through formal electronic voting, or through the National Town Meeting’s reception and other networking sessions.
ADS Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference
October 6-8, 2015, Providence, RI
- The 2014 Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference offered over 600 attendees the opportunity to:
- See the latest maps, apps, and solutions for utilities.
- Stretch GIS beyond mapping to secure funding, upgrade infrastructure, and drive marketing.
- Approach new government regulations with knowledge-driven analysis.
- Get ready for emergencies and outages by taking maps to the field and sending data to the cloud.
- Network with peers to learn best practices and receive industry recognition.
- Find out how to use ArcGIS as a platform and increase return on investment.
Utility Supply Chain Management
January 19-21, 2015, Lake Buena Vista, FL
This first-rate event attracts a variety of procurement, purchasing, sourcing, planning, and inventory management executives of utility supply chains to exchange best practices and gain cutting-edge knowledge on improving supply chain efficiency.
Pre-Conference Workshop — Sunday, January 18, 2015
Industry Leading Performance — How Do You Measure Up?
Leading Industry Experts Tackle Tough Supply Chain Challenges
- Energy industry trends impacting supply chains — Backlash from the Polar Vortex, distributed generation disruptions, fracking impediments, and EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Material forecasting updates — Natural gas price volatility, king coal’s demise, and metals’ rising production costs
- Veterans in the workforce — Approaches to identifying key talent and the hiring of veterans
- Supplier integration — How to initiate supplier commitment and investment
PLUS PANEL DISCUSSIONS ON:
- Inventory Optimization
- Supplier Risk Management
- Pipeline Construction Challenges
CASE STUDIES! Gain industry knowledge through a variety of notable case studies on the following:
- Identifying the value of investment recovery within the supply chain — Entergy, Pacific Exchange
- Expanding capacity and cost reduction via supplier integration — Southern California Edison
- System rebuilding in alliance with supply chain partners — Empire District Electric Co., Irby Utilities
Learn more about our Mutual Aid & Critical Spares Management Solution for Utilities: Make electrical equipment procurement easy and efficient. Locate a matching power transformer before a failure occurs!
Stay updated through our social media platforms and our website:
Subscribe to our Veracity’s monthly newsletter: Critical Spares Management & Investment Recovery for Utilities http://eepurl.com/LVtY1 http://ow.ly/i/73Jj2
Pingback: The 12 Blog Posts of 2014! | Veracity Asset Management Group